Monday, May 07, 2007

Family connections

Having a quilt shop for 11 years gave me a
lot of time to make things for and with
those I love!!!!!!!


Here, in May 2000, my daughter stops in
with my 10 month old granddaughter. My
mother has come up from Little Rock for
the Mother's Day weekend. Four genera-
tions in the shop that day!



The next photo shows my mother sitting by a window in a farmhouse in Wisconsin.
We went to visit my niece and her family that summer.
Mom worked on quilting a pink and brown basket quilt
which I had pieced. It is now owned by my daughter.



This last photo is also in Wisconsin...my great-nephew, Lane. He is reacting to a quilt which I made and brought up there for him.....He loved orange to I used lots of orange around fabrics featuring objects he would recognize....cows (they have a dairy farm), tractors, Big bird, Bob the Builder, etc.

He just said, "WOW" !


No comments: