Wednesday, April 28, 2010

The Maypole Quilt

This is the Maypole quilt pattern from Moda fabrics. It was designed to feature the Maypole collection by April Cornell. My version does have some of her fabric, by co-incidence, and features my collection of striped fabric along with myriad florals! [click on any photo for a closer view!]
This weekend is May 1st so finishing it today was timely! I started it last year as a class sample. It grew into a small bed quilt. When I was ready to begin quilting, I had to pull together a backing. I took things from my stash, including 2 blocks! One is a house block saved from about 1993. The other is the daffodil block of the month block which I made for the class this recent March. I love how it brightens up the back and makes the house block feel "distant".


The house block called for something special. So, I found some bees in my stash and now they will buzz above the house, giving their own "magic"" energy!

1 comment:

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

What a lovely and magical quilt. The colors are perfect for spring - and the extra touches on the back are wonderful. The quilt has that old fashioned, homey feel.