Saturday, September 20, 2014

Handwork lifts depression....so I have decided to keep making quilts!

I found this inspiring blog post ( recommended by our quilt guild president in the latest newsletter).....which reminded me that I am seldom despondent or hopeless, or stressed when I am planning and making quilts!

 

So yesterday I took four blocks made last year and made them into this quilt top. Today I pieced the batting and the backing. I may machine quilt this one, because ......


...I am already hand quilting on this nice little pastel quilt.....surely for a grandchild one day.....We have 5 grandchildren already and there may be more to come.


Meanwhile, other family members received these quilts this week. The top one, called Bento Box, used family scraps from our childhood + more. It went to my sister, Elaine. The scrappy string pieced star quilt went to my cousin, Judy.


Making quilts is a lifeline for me, finding homes for them is usually not hard! This quilt below will go to our quilt guild's small quilt auction this coming April!

I am LOVING my new Sew Easy cutter ruler!

 

No comments: