Wednesday, March 17, 2010

My Romantic "treasure"

I try to be practical and not acquire things that I don't need.....but I couldn't help myself this time!

I have been enchanted with the aqua color ever since I first saw one of these Singer 337 machines made in Clydebank, Scotland in 1964. Now, I own this one which was brought into the shop by a 90 year old sewist who is down-sizing.

As you can see, it is perfect for patchwork. As soon as I locate a walking foot, I can do quilting with it too. To me, it is a type of "eye candy". Sigh!

2 comments:

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

I had a machine just like that - but no more - I have a featherweight now and a treadle machine - love them both.

How fortunate that you got such a wonderful machine.

Judy D in WA said...

This was the first machine I bought myself back in 1972. I bought it at a pawn shop, fought it for years, gave it to Goodwill when I bought a "fancy" machine from Sears. I've kicked myself in the hinnie several times now that I'm older and wiser. She's a pretty machine. I'm on the search for another one.